Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Back to work, reading, writing and drawing

Off The Hook Arts presents Tunes and Tales
Off The Hook Arts provides free and low-cost performance education for kids and their families throughout Northern Colorado. This summer they will sponsor SummerFest 2018 Mission Earth in Fort Collins. This program provides a host of fun events including a STEAM science fair, a day camp with CSU's Little Shop of Physics, FORTCAST's WeatherFest, along with Tunes and Tales Live storybook and art classes. I'm honored to be included in the program along with Colorado children's book creators, Dow Phumiruk and Brooke Boynton. My program is on July 10 and I hope to see you there.

Kristen Olsen, mom, writer, art instructor, radio producer, community organizer!
Here's the amazing Kristen Olson - the force behind Tunes and Tales Radio Program on 88.9KRFC. I get to work with Kristen on the upcoming Mission Earth Story time and Art Class.

Text in the City is featured in Where Women Create Magazine 
Ok, everybody who knows me knows that I'm an enthusiastic member of Text in the City, a Colorado book club made up of a dozen women artists. Our book group's been going strong for fifteen years now and I'm super stoked that we're featured in Where Women Create Magazine's premier 2018 issue. Thank you Jo Packham for being such an advocate for women in the arts! You can click on the magazine's cover to pull up our story.
 
Colorado Country Life Magazine commissioned me to illustrate four seasonal themed illustrations for "Thank You" Cards  - Here's SPRING!
Interior spread from I Spy Blackberry Pie, a work in progress
Above are a couple of new images from recent projects.

So far 2018 is shaping up to be a busy and creative year. I'm working on a few manuscripts as writer/illustrator. They're in various stages from doodles whirling around my mind to storyboards to book dummies going out into the world as submissions to agents and publishers. Wish me luck!
Studio With A View
And here's one last image and a reminder of why I named my blog, Studio With A View. Thanks as always for taking a look. You can click on the links for more information and the images for a more detailed view.

Cathy

1 comment:

GaneshYAI said...

Young Angels Publishing House organises book fairs and book clubs in PTMs organised in Schools. It delivers educational monthly magazines for kids like Happiness Curriculum and Empowering Life Skills(ELS) .It has been delivering a wide array of story book, activity books and others since its inception in 2005.